Monday, January 03, 2011

Growing Stronger

I am growing up and growing stronger. It is strange to acknowledge to myself how childish I have been in the last few years of my life. Although I got married and I am supposed to be an adult, I do not act like one and because of the circumstances I am in now, I have to kern to grow up.

It means to be self- controlled and think of how my actions will affect others instead of just acting on my own desires; it means to bite my tongue when I feel I want to judge or to say something critical; it means to keep my emotions in check even when circumstances seem turbulent; it means keeping peace in my mind when things do not go my way. It's means dying to myself and laying down my rights in a world that values self than others. It seems stupid when it's so easy to just give in and gratify my own desires; believe me, I sometimes feel discouraged too. But I know that my life on this earth is temporal and my home is in heaven for eternity with Jesus. That makes it much easier to persevere.

Growing up fast is hard and I have so much more to learn. I am glad that God is here to be my guide.

No comments: