Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Book Review: Nothing by Jon Agee


I love books. My ambition was to be a librarian or work at Kinokuniya. Since I am not able to do that in the near future, I can do the next best thing, to be book worm.

As a teacher, I was introduced to children's books by my lecturer whose love for books is contagious. I am going to review and share as many books as I can in hope that you will pick up this book and make out for yourself the beauty of that particular book.
The book that I am reviewing is titled Nothing. The author is Jon Agee. Other books that he has written are Terrific and Milo's hat trick, both award-winning books.

Excerpt from book
" What's for sale?" asks Suzie Gump as she walks into Otis's empty antiques shop.
"Uh, nothing, " said Otis.
"I'll take it," she replies. Tis makes sense. Suzie has everything, But she's never had nothing! And, by the way, she can afford it. When her eccentric shopping habits are witnessed by others, it kicks off a buying spree of epic proportions for-you guessed it- nothing at all!
Otis,meanwhile is left sulking in his shop full of things. But not for long! Ah, the fickle word of fashion.

No comments: