At every point in my life, I feel a sense of excitment as well as dread as I embark on something radically different from what I am used to. I am the type of person who hates to make a decision of all sorts. Realistically, I am indecisive. I mean, I rather have 3 types of food on the menu and decide by process of elimination rather than have a large variety of food to choose from. From my 2nd year of university to my 3rd, I always ate from the same yong tau foo store every break time. Without fail. Only in my 3rd year that I realised that the chicken cutlet from the western food store was good also. Go figure.
I have finally graduated. Before I did, I had glorious plans for myself. Closing my eyes, I see myself in a challenging job, jetsetting to the ends of the earth. And yes, settling down with a nice husband. In a wonderful career. I made plans, alright, for the first job, I would like to get a job with an overseas MNC, work overseas for maybe a year and then come back. It would be nice since I would be 24.
Well, to date, I am still figuring how to start. I can read all the books about sucess, follow the steps one by one and still not have a fool proof way to success. Why? Perhaps I lack ambition? I am lazy, yearning to see the end result without wanting to put in real effort? I am reminded of the story where a man was given a pool of thread and when he pulls it, he would be able to bypass the unpleasant events in life and only savour the wonderful moments. Where did it land him? A broken and weak hearted man who has not really lived.
I guess, this is just a phase of life that I am going through. I have to remind myself where my assurance comes from and lean on GOD. Ok, this is not meant to be preachy but in times of questioning, I mean, since worrying is pointless, why not believe in His Almighty power?
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
if we had to rely on the "almighty" everytime there is a crisis .. i wonder how humanity can survive well into the next century. -- secular humanist
Post a Comment