I went for my eye assessment today in order to assess my suitability for the procedure. The whole assessment actually took less than an hour but there was alot of waiting time. Waiting to see the doctor, waiting for eye check etc. The first check was to see check my eyesight and the curvature of my cornea. There was also a test where air was "shot" into the eye. But it was totally painless so no worries about that. They also put some drops to dilate my pupils so my pupils looked HUGE after the eye drops were administered. I could not see clearly for about 2 to 3 hours and I was really sensitive to glare as well. Dr gave the all clear for surgery and I am going to for the Intralase, customised bladeless technique. What really sold it for me was that Dr was very confident. He inspired confidence and said that he was confident of giving me perfect vision. All doctors should have such good bedside manners.
A doctor has to inspired confidence in a patient. Not to say that they should give patients false hopes or make up numbers but quantify their ability in actual figures. I really hate doctors who tell me "it all depends" etc without quantifyng it by giving their success rates in percentage. Giving actual figures would let me know exactly the success rate of the procedure.
I really wish to get rid of my spectacles. 3 days of wearing specs have given me visible indents on my nose bridge, not to mention occasaional headaches.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment