Today has been simply exhilarating, with me figuring out something that has been bothering me for awhile. While I cannot say that I have completely resolved what I have been thinking about, today's sermon sure give me much tidbits to ponder about. Pastor Reuben spoke about story where Jesus sat in the temple one day watching people giving tithing in the temple. The rich threw their coins in and went off. He then noticed a poor lady who gave 2 copper coins. In today's context, the 2 copper coins are worth about 80 cents.
I have always wondered about the action of this poor old woman and it never fails to baffle me, which is bad. I cannot understand how she could give ALL she could. She wasn't even sure whether she could pay for her next meal and there she is, giving ALL that she had got? hmmm.... Pastor then hypothesized that she probably loved God very much and she was very sure that He would be able to provide for her next meal. The attitude that she had was that God is real and God is big enough to provide for her EVERY need.
That blew me away as I have been unable to grasp the true meaning of what it means to be content. I always think that someone has to be contented in order to find happiness in life. However, that it just the surface. The source of the contentment does not come from within but it comes from God; the real and big God.
Pastor also gave an analogy which I found very appropriate. He asked if we thought if the world was big. My answer? Of course its big! I would never ever be able to travel the whole world in my life time. To my surprise, he explained that at first thought, the world is big, but we are only part of a large system called the Milky Way and the Milky Way is part of an EVEN BIGGER system called the galaxy. And God created all these!! If God created something so great, wouldn't He be a real and mighty God?
Wow!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment