
Watching Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull yesterday brought back memories. If you were borned in the 80s like me, you would probably have watched his previous movies. The scenes that brought back the most memory is that of the sight of monkey brains in the Temple of Doom and him stepping out onto an invisible bridge in Raiders of the Lost Ark (I think). My parents did not bring us to the movies then and I watched it on TV in my grandma's place. What struck me about Indiana Jones is the sheer ingenuity of producers to know exactly what would make the audience cringe and accelerate our heartbeat. Every scene filled me with suspense.
I had the same expectations when I went to watch the movie. But I was sorely disappointed. The movie had become very similar to other movies that I had watched before. The scenes reminded me very much of National Treasure. Indy was no longer as spry and charismatic. I have watched too many movies to consider this movie particularly exciting.
As I grow up, I realise that many things that I used to dream about isn't what I expected anymore. I used to dream about going to Disneyland all the time when I was a kid but when I went there in 2006, the feeling was magical, but it was no longer as dreamlike as I had.
I would give alot to be returned the imaginary world of a child.

No comments:
Post a Comment